This Policy describes:
- The Personal Information we collect
- How we collect Personal Information
- How we use Personal Information
- How we disclose or share Personal Information
- How we keep Personal Information secure
- Rights you may have under applicable law with respect to your Personal Information
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Personal Information is any information which identifies you personally whether directly (for example, your name) or indirectly (for example, information about your use of our products and services).
We and our third-party providers may collect the following Personal Information from you:
- Basic contact information: including your name, business name, email address, street address and telephone number;
- Financial Information: including credit card, debit card or bank account numbers you provide in connection with your purchase of our Services;
- Internet or other electronic activity: including information about the laptop, tablet, smartphone or other device used by you to visit our Site and your use of the Site, such as the domain name, Internet Service Provider, browser type and version, pages viewed, information accessed, ratings and reviews you post on our Site and the Internet Protocol (IP) address you use to connect to the Internet;
- Audio, electronic and visual information: including photos or videos you provide call recordings we initiate and the content of certain communications between our clients and other consumers, all in connection with your use of our Services;
- Inferences drawn from Personal Information: including inferences drawn from any of the information above to create a profile reflecting the consumer’s preferences;
- Demographic information (for employees and job applicants): including gender, age and race;
- Professional or employment related information (for employees and job applicants); and
- Any additional Personal Information that you may provide to us from time to time if you contact us through our Site, on our social media pages or by any other means.
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
We and our third-party service providers collect Personal Information from the following sources:
- From you when you communicate with our Company, including by phone, email, text message, messaging application, social media, through our mobile applications or through other means.
- From you when you use our Site, including by filling in forms on our Site.
- From you when you purchase our products and services.
- From our service providers that collect analytics regarding your interaction with ads that we place on websites or other media.
- From you when you view or interact with our emails, videos, advertisements or other media we send to you or make available to you.
- From third-party data providers who provide us with business-to-business contact information as permitted by applicable law.
- From certain interactions you may have with our clients, including for example: caller ID information from calls placed to our call tracking numbers or contact information stored by our clients through our Services or when you communicate with third parties using our Services, including by phone, text message, on social media pages or through websites.
- From third-party providers who collect information about your use of our Site through cookies. Cookies are information files stored on your computer that help websites remember who you are and information about your visit. If you do not want a website to create a cookie on your computer, the option to disable it may be activated in your browser. If you want to know more about how cookies work and how to manage or delete them, visit the All About Cookies website. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them, see our Cookie Notice below.
- We may work with third-party service providers to target advertising to you through online and offline methods including email, display media, video media and direct mail. When you log on or visit our Site, your IP address may be combined with other data and such information may be used by third-party service providers to send ads to you based on your preferences, interests and attributes. To find out how to opt out of having your online behavior collected by third-party advertisers for advertising purposes, you may visit each ad network’s website individually and review their privacy policies, or you may visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out website or the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out website.
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
To provide the products and services you purchase and/or request. This includes providing you with customer service and communicating with you regarding your orders or our Services. This also includes answering your questions, sending you information you have requested, promoting compliance with the terms and conditions that govern the product or service you purchased, for billing and payment purposes or posting content you have submitted for publication, such as ratings and reviews.
To advertise or promote your business on third party search engines, social media sites and other relevant business websites on your behalf. If you have purchased such services, we may share the identity, address and contact details of your business with third party search engines (such as Google), social media sites (such as Facebook) and other relevant business websites so that we can help promote your business to your target audience and drive potential customers to your own website.
To register a domain name on your behalf. If you have registered for this service, we may need to share your contact details with the registrar responsible for maintaining the relevant register of domain names in order to complete the registration of a domain name on your behalf.
For our internal purposes (such as accounting, auditing, data analysis, and research to improve and develop our products, services, content, advertising, and communications). For example, this includes the analysis of statistical information on the use of our Site by visitors as well as any feedback on our business or testimonials that you may provide.
To send marketing communications to you. We (or other third parties) may send you marketing communications, which may or may not be personalized to your interests by email or other permissible electronic means or by direct mail or phone call. You can unsubscribe from our email marketing at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any of our emails. Our third-party partners may also use your Personal Information to inform you of similar products, services and promotional offers. You can unsubscribe from those third-parties’ email marketing at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any of their emails or managing your preferences via their website.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Scenic City Studios may disclose your Personal Information for a business purpose, including in connection with the marketing or fulfillment of our products and services. When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, we require the recipient to adhere to security and confidentiality obligations and not to use or process such Personal Information other than for a specified business purpose and in accordance with our instructions.
We disclose the following categories of Personal Information for the following business purposes:
- We may share contact information, including your name, email address, phone number and other business contact information with certain third-party partners, including marketing and advertising partners, in order to (i) enable us to provide advertising and marketing services for you, (ii) assist you in using our services; or (iii) contact you with offers, services or products that may be of interest to you.
- We may share identifiers, including contact information, including contact information, internet and other electronic activity and audio, electronic and visual information with service providers and contractors that we retain to enable us to fulfill the products you with a product or service you have purchased and to assist us in providing our Services.
- We may share Personal Information of job applicants and employees with our service providers in order to process your application or to administer compensation and benefits for our employees.
- If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, a sale of all or a substantial portion of our assets, or other similar sale transaction, your Personal Information may be transferred as part of that transaction.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to service providers and vendors to monitor our systems and detect and prevent fraud.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to respond to law enforcement requests, court orders and as otherwise necessary to comply with laws and regulations.
“Sale” and “Sharing” of Personal Information
Under certain states’ laws, (i) certain transfers or sharing of Personal Information may constitute “selling” when such Personal Information is disclosed to a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration; and (ii) certain transfers or disclosures of Personal Information may constitute “sharing”, whether or not for monetary or other valuable consideration, when such information is shared with third parties for targeted or cross-contextual advertising for the benefit of a business.
In the preceding 12 months, we may be considered to have “sold” or “shared” the following categories of Personal Information with third-party digital advertising partners for purposes of targeting or cross-contextual advertising:
- Contact information, such as name, phone number and email address – to social media services, search engines and third-party partners that assist us to provide targeted advertising to you.
- Internet or other similar network activity, such as IP address, device information, pages viewed and information accessed – through cookies and other tracking devices to social media services, search engines, third-party digital advertising networks and third-party partners that assist us to provide targeted advertising to you.
We do not sell or share the Personal Information of consumers we actually know to be less than 16 years of age unless the consumer, in the case of consumers between 13 and 16 years of age, or the consumer’s parent or guardian, in the case of consumers who are less than 13 years of age, has affirmatively authorized such sale.
HOW DO WE KEEP PERSONAL DATA SECURE?
We take the security of your Personal Information very seriously. We have put in place security, technology and policies designed to prevent unauthorized or unlawful processing of Personal Information and accidental access, disclosure, alteration, loss or destruction of Personal Information. We work to protect the security of your Personal Information during transmission on our Site by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), which ensures that your sensitive information is transmitted securely.
HOW CAN YOU REQUEST DELETION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
To request deletion of your Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
To the extent we collect sensitive Personal Information, such as including credit card or account information, the content of certain communications between our clients and other consumers, or social security numbers and bank account information of our employees, we collect and store such information solely to provide services to our clients or to compensate our employees.
DO NOT TRACK NOTIFICATIONS
Your browser may have a “Do Not Track” setting which automatically notifies websites that you visit not to track you for purposes of providing you with targeted advertising. We do not currently respond to or take any action with respect to web browser “do not track” signals. Some of our third-party service providers who utilize cookies on our Site may enable you to opt out of targeted advertising practices. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” visit www.allaboutdnt.com. In addition, as noted above, you can opt-out of certain third-party advertising networks by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out website or the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out website.
PRIVACY RIGHTS UNDER STATE LAW
Residents of California, Virginia, Colorado and Connecticut have certain rights with respect to their Personal Information. Those rights are described below. For Virginia, Colorado and Connecticut residents, these rights do not apply with respect to Personal Information collected in a business-to-business context or to Personal Information we collect from employees, independent contractors or job applicants.
Right to Access
Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to request a copy of the Personal Information we collected about you during the 12-month period preceding your request. You also have the right to receive a copy of your Personal Information in a structured and commonly used format so that it can be transferred to another entity (“data portability”).
Right to Know
You have the right to know what Personal Information we have collected about you, including the categories of Personal Information, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected, the business or commercial purposes for collecting Personal Information and the categories of third parties to whom we share or disclose it.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information. Upon verifying the validity of a deletion request, we will delete your Personal Information from our records, and instruct any service providers or third parties to delete your information, when applicable.
Right to Correct
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request correction of any inaccurate Personal Information. Upon verifying the validity of a verifiable consumer correction request, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct your Personal Information as directed, taking into account the nature of the Personal Information and the purposes of maintaining your Personal Information.
Right to Opt Out
You have the right to direct us not to sell your Personal Information and/or not to share your Personal Information with third parties for purposes of targeting advertising to you.
Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information
You have the right to limit the use and disclosure of your Sensitive Personal Information to the purpose of providing you with services. We only collect, use and disclose Sensitive Personal Information of consumers for purposes of providing our services. Therefore, we are not required to provide you with the right to limit use of Sensitive Personal Information.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests, wholly or partly, where exceptions under applicable law apply.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights described above, including by denying you products or services, charging you different prices or rates for products or services, providing you a different level or quality of products or services or suggesting that you may receive a different price or rate for products or services or a different level or quality of products or services.
To exercise your privacy rights under these state laws, you or a person authorized to act on your behalf may make a verifiable request using one of the following methods:
Neither our Site nor our products and services are directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian of such a child and become aware that your child has provided personal information to us, please contact us as at email@example.com and we will take reasonable steps immediately to remove any such information.
What to do if you have a complaint or concern
We are committed to resolving any privacy concerns that you may have. If you have any concerns or complaints about the way we’ve handled your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to resolve such concern or complaint with you.
Last updated July 2023
What are cookies
What cookies are used on this Website
The cookies we and our business partners use on this website are broadly grouped into the following categories:
Some of the cookies on our website are essential for us to be able to provide you with a service you have requested. An example of this would be a cookie used to enable you to log into your account on the website or which allows communication between your browser and the website.
We use analytics cookies to help us understand how users engage with our website. An example is counting the number of different people coming to our website or using a particular feature, rather than the total number of times the site or feature is used. Without this cookie, if you visited the website once each week for three weeks we would count you as three separate users. We would find it difficult to analyze how well our website was performing and improve it without these cookies.
How can I reject or opt out of receiving cookies?
Please note that we can’t always control third-party cookies stored on your machine from our website and setting your cookie preferences with us will not stop those third-party cookies from being stored on your machine. You must manage these cookies directly with the relevant third party.
- If you wish to reject or opt-out of cookies, you can do the following:
delete the cookies from your browser. Most browsers also allow you to prevent all or some cookies being stored on your machine in the future. For more information on how to delete or disable cookies from your browser please use the “help” function within your browser or alternatively visit www.allaboutcookies.org.; and/or
- if you only want to reject some or all of the third-party cookies you will need to visit the relevant third party’s website directly to manage cookies stored on your machine by them. Please be aware that disabling cookies may impact certain functionality of this website that relies on third parties.
For more information as to third-party cookies and how to disable them, please see the Internet Advertising Bureau website at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ where you will be able to opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising from certain third parties.
If you want to know more about how cookies work and how to manage or delete them, visit the World Wide Web Consortium’s website.
Opt-Out from the Sharing of Personal Information
Residents of California, Virginia, Colorado and Connecticut have the right under the laws of those states to opt out from the sale or sharing of their Personal Information. The use of certain third-party cookies and other tracking devices on this site may be considered “sharing” under those states’ laws. If you would like to opt out from the “sharing” of personal information, please contact email@example.com.
We may update this policy from time to time so you may want to check it each time you visit our website. We last changed this policy in July 2023.